“Every child has the right to mature in an environment
free from abuse and neglect.”
With this statement, the Junior League of Raleigh established SAFEchild in 1992 with a bold mission to eliminate child abuse in Wake County.
SAFEchild – which stands for Stop Abuse For Every child – supports families having a wide range of needs.
We are the only organization in Wake County that offers a full range of child abuse prevention and intervention services to children and families at no cost. Expertly trained professionals and volunteers build strong families in which parents nurture thriving children.
- Every child has the right to grow up in an environment free from abuse and neglect.
- Child maltreatment should never be condoned or tolerated.
- The family is the fundamental resource for the nurturing of children, and children have a right to their families.
- Families are diverse and have a right to be respected.
- Families can grow and change. With support, information and community resources, most parents are capable of creating safe, nurturing environments for their children.
- All families experience periods of stress and crisis, and not all families are consistently able to produce a non-abusive, non-neglectful home environment.
- Seeking support and information, encouragement and community resources is a sign of family/individual strength.
- Prevent child abuse from ever occurring.
- Empower parents and caregivers to move toward healthy family relationships by breaking negative parenting patterns.
- Provide specialized intervention and treatment that promotes recovery, healing and promising outcomes for children, families and the community.
- Educate and raise awareness about the issue of child abuse in Wake County.
Find our IRS Form 990 here.
Contact us at 919.743.6140 or email@example.com to learn more about SAFEchild’s work in the community.