Additional Resources – Community Initiative
- The Wake Child Abuse Prevention Plan
- Strengthening Families 101 from the Center for the Study of Social Policy – A PowerPoint presentation offering an in-depth explanation of Strengthening Families, including the Five Protective Factors.
- Listen to a condensed training audioconference on the 5 protective factors presented by Ginger Espino, SAFEchild community engagement and training coordinator.
- Watch a video clip from a webinar presented by SAFEchild on “Parenting During a Pandemic” in which Ginger Espino discusses the 5 protective factors and their impact on strengthening families.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention – Extensive information about risk and protective factors, prevention strategies, adverse childhood experiences and more.
- Wake Network of Care is a resource directory providing comprehensive information on services and organizations in Wake County, as well as a Learning Center dedicated to topics on health and well-being.
- NC Early Childhood Action Plan – An outline of North Carolina’s vision for healthy, safe and nurtured children.
In the state of North Carolina, anyone who suspects a child has been abused or neglected is mandated to report the suspected abuse. Find reporting information HERE.