A parent education program that strengthens families through better communication and positive discipline
The Nurturing Program is for:
Parents with children ages 6 and up.
- Communicating with children effectively.
- Disciplining positively by utilizing choices and consequences rather than physical punishment.
- Managing stress and anger constructively.
- Understanding child development.
- Peer-to-peer group support, facilitated by a trained professional, helps to reduce feelings of isolation, build self-esteem and reinforce positive parenting techniques.
Through fun, structured skills-building activities, children will learn about:
- Building self-esteem.
- Communicating their needs and feelings.
- Managing anger.
- Effective problem-solving.
- Staying safe in different situations.
- Length – Once a week for 12 weeks; each class is 2-1/2 hours.
- Location – NOTE: Nurturing is not currently on the program schedule
- Day and time – see above
- Cost – No charge
For more information about the Nurturing program, please contact Laura Goulian, SAFEchild’s intake coordinator, at email@example.com or 919.232.5664.