Information on Dealing with the Pandemic and Its Impact On Our Lives
Parenting and coping tips – resources, discipline, activities
Food assistance and other resources
- Wake County, WCPSS and partners are working to ensure free food is available for all children under 18 throughout the summer. Find information here.
Self-care and wellness – SAFEchild videos
SAFEchild’s Laura Goulian, who works with our MOVE program, created a short video about the importance of learning proper breathing techniques to manage anger and anxiety. Find it here.
SAFEchild’s Megan Roberts, Moms Supporting Moms program coordinator, hosted a video conversation with two local therapists on May 12 to discuss the importance of self-care for parents. We divided the conversation into five short clips.
- Clip 1 – What is self-care?
- Clip 2 – What are challenges to self-care?
- Clip 3 – What are some self-care practices?
- Clip 4 – How do we “reset” with kids around?
- Clip 5 – Final thoughts – including the need to be guilt-free
Parenting during a pandemic – SAFEchild webinar
SAFEchild hosted a webinar on April 21 featuring parenting experts discussing how to help our children sort through their feelings about the pandemic.
- Find the entire webinar here
- Clip 1 – dealing with grief
- Clip 2 – an explanation of the “rupture and repair” concept
- Clip 3 – tips on working from home and a discussion of the five protective factors
Parenting and coping tips – dealing with anxiety and stress